Template Shadow

Hickman Mills C-1 School District

Responsive Web Design

Residency & Enrollment Contact Information

Enrollment takes place at Baptiste Educational Center (5401 E. 103rd St) during the following hours:
8:30-11:00 am
1:00-3:00 pm 
Residency Coordinator:
Ms. Barbara Wunsch
Baptiste Educational Center
5401 E. 103rd Street
Kansas City, MO 64137
(816) 316-7152

2016-2017 Enrollment Packets


Enrollment Requirements

Hickman Mills C-1 School will continue to enforce residency requirements for all students during the current school year. These policies and procedures are designed to ensure that we are enrolling students that are residents of the district.

These regulations are similar to the requirements that other area districts are taking to eliminate non-resident students from attending our schools at taxpayer expense.

New Students to the district, for parents/guardians of new students to the district, the following is required for enrollment:

  1. Mortgage agreement/ rental/ lease agreement
  2. Two current utility bills (no more than 30 days old)
  3. Student immunization records
  4. Student Birth Certificate
  5. Student Social Security Card (optional)
  6. Student Discipline Record from previous school
  7. Transcript
  8. Special Service Record (if applicable)

If enrolling a child as their custodial guardian, you must provide court documentation or a letter of placement by a Social Services agency as proof of guardianship.

For families living with a District resident: Parents/guardians of students who are living with a district resident, an affidavit of residence signed by the homeowner/lease holder will continue to be a yearly requirement. The homeowner/lease holder is required to be present to sign the affidavit and must present the following documents:

 1. Homeowner

  1. Mortgage coupon or rental agreement (as above)
  2. Two current utility bills (no more than 30 days old)
2. Parent/guardian must supply two of the following with their current address:
  1. Current phone bill
  2. Current cable bill
  3. Recent paycheck stub with your name and address
  4. Recent car insurance bill
  5. Bank statement

For families already enrolled in the school district:  Before a student enrollment is complete, the district will require one of the following:

  • Current mortgage coupon or rental/lease agreement with landlord information and signature
  • Current utility bill (electricity, gas or water) in the residents name, which are no more than 30 days old; no final or disconnect notices will be accepted.



Guardian: a person appointed or qualified by a court to have care and custody of the person of a minor or incapacitated person, whether denominated as general, limited or temporary guardian, or a person legally authorized to perform substantially the same functions

Resident: a person both physically resides within a school district and is domiciled within that district. The domicile of a minor child shall be the domicile of a parent, military guardian pursuant to a military-issued guardianship or court-appointed legal guardian.

NOTE: The safe schools act states that a child must be enrolled in the school district where his/her parent/guardian resides

Template Shadow